Thank you very much for entrusting your children’s education with us here at P.S. 309. We spent a very vigorous year educating your children with the necessary skills they will need throughout their lives.
It was a pleasure getting to know each of you and your children and developing a wonderful working relationship with all of you. Your children have matured and developed into young scholars and need your encouragement over the summer to continue their academic progress.
We wish you all a healthy and safe summer and are looking forward to seeing you again here at P.S. 309 in September.
Mrs. Schauder , Mrs. Martinez & Ms. Bovelle
2nd Grade Team
It is very important for your children to be engaged in daily reading over the summer, not only to maintain their reading level but to enhance it as well.
Here is a list of recommended books for second graders, however, any literature on their level would be helpful.
Recommended Reading List:
- Buddy and Earl by Maureen Fergus
- Masterpiece Adventure by Elise Broach
- Narwhal: Unicorn of the Sea by Ben Clanton
Books of Interest:
- Anything But Ordinary Addie: The True Story of Adelaide Hermann, Queen of Magic by Mara Rockliff
- Are We There Yet? by Dan Santat
- Arthur and the Golden Rope: Brownstone’s Mythical Collection by Joe Todd-Stanton
- Comics Squad: Recess! Editied by Jennifer L. Holm, Matthew Hom, and Jarrett J. Krosoczka
- Emmanuel’s Dream: The True Story of Emmanuel Ofosu Yeboah by Laurie Ann Thompson
- I (Don’t) Like Snakes by Nicola Davies
- Lost in NYC: A Subway Adventure by Nadja Spiegelman
- Nerdy Birdy by Aaron Reynolds
- One Plastic Bag: Isatou Ceesay and the Recycling Woman of the Gambia by Miranda Paul
- Rabbi Benjamin’s Buttons by Alex b. McGinty
- Rivers of Sunlight: How the Sun Moves Water Around the Earth by Molly Bang and Penny Chisholm
- Tales for Bunjitsu Bunny by John Himmelman
- The Journey by Francesca Sanna
- The Princess in Black by Shannon Hale and Dean Hale
- The Real Poop on Pigeons by Kevin McCloskey
- The Secret Subway by Shanna Corey
- Written and Drawn by Henrietta by Liniers