Congratulations to Leeah Rosado our third grade representative for winning first place at our Annual District 16 STEM Fair.
We also want to congratulate our third graders for putting on a spectacular performance to honor South Africa.
Our third graders have blossomed into better readers throughout this school year. They have embraced literature of various genres. They have learned many skills that have made them better at reading.
Some of these skills include:
- Identifying the central idea of a text
- Expressing a characters actions and reactions.
- Elements of non-fiction texts
- Identifying the main idea and supporting details within a text.
Studies show that children regress during the summer months. In order to maintain the skills they have learned throughout the year, we have the following suggestions.
Your child has access to various online text.
- They can login to ReadingPlus
- readworks.org (Class code is 46LVR password is 1234)
Things To Do:
- Engage your child in conversations where they state their opinions and support their opinions with facts.
- Have your child read a book from the suggested reading list they received with their report cards.
- Encourage your child to write about what they have read every night.